I’m starting to think this blog should have “muffin” in the title somewhere. What is this? Maybe my 5th muffin post? It’s weird because I’m not even much of a breakfast fan. I really mostly just like muffins as nice little snack. Anyways I mostly made these muffins for my dad because he is such a big fan of blueberry muffins.
It could be that whenever I put work into something I appreciate it 8934792 times more but those are minor details.
Well today I had this
great idea to try this cute muffin pan…let’s just say that when all was done this muffin pan was no longer in the same sentence as “cute”. I would highly recommend greasing your muffin pan even if you are using a silicon one like I did… however if you’re using paper liners I don’t think you’ll hit any problems.
The mini ones turned out absolutely adorable! But the regular sized ones were a bit more ugly…
They tasted just as tasty though!! They taste great with or without the topping, however you like your muffins.
(Adapted from allrecipes.com)
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 T. flour
1 1/2 c. blueberries
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. milk
2 T. flour (optional)
5 T. sugar (optional)
1/2 t. cinnamon (optional)
2 T. butter, diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or line 12 muffin cups
- Combine 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. In a small bowl, sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons flour over blueberries, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter with 3/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, and stir in vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries, gently. DON’T STIR. Spoon batter into prepared cups.
- OPTIONAL: Combine 2 tablespoons flour, 5 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter in muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack.