I can’t believe I had never tried actually using whole wheat flour. I mean we always have whole wheat bread in our house. I can’t even remember the last time we had white bread. So it would make sense to for me to actually use whole wheat flour. Anyways, the point is, it that I’ve been meaning to try it for a while now.
There’s just something about eating a treat that uses healthy ingredients that makes you feel really good. I mean- I don’t feel bad about eating a third cookie here (not that, that really stopped me before).
The whole wheat flour kind of gives it a different texture, but its one of those new, different textures that I love. Kind of like how the applesauce in my oatmeal cookies gives a new texture. They’re both that good, chewy “mm- mm” feeling in your mouth.
I always heard that whole wheat four can make your cookies bland or dry or gross. But I did NOT experience that at all. If you’ve ever been scared to give whole wheat four a try, DON’T BE! It’s delicious AND nutritious!
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
(from Cookie Madness)
1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. butter, melted and cooled
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
1 t. vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips
1/4 c. chopped roasted peanuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a wooden spoon, beat the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until combined. Stir in peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Gradually add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts, if desired. Drop dough onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft. They might look a little underdone, but that IS GOOD. Cool on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Chocolate+Chocolate+Chocolate+Peanut butter = (mybeautifuldisasters.wordpress.com)
- yep, I’m in trouble.. (mybeautifuldisasters.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Chocolate Cupcakes (mybeautifuldisasters.wordpress.com)
- Peanut Butter Granola Bars (mybeautifuldisasters.wordpress.com)
- Have you heard? (mybeautifuldisasters.wordpress.com)
- Make Baked Goods Healthier With Whole Grains (fitsugar.com)