And I feel like we’ve really hit it off, you know? You make a fabulous pudding. I mean I’ve never even loved vanilla pudding that much before. I’ve always been a chocolate pudding kind of gal. I’m not sure what it is, but this recipe turned out great with my debut with you.
Hope to see ya again soon!
Homemade Vanilla Pudding
(adapted from allrecripes)
2 c. milk
1/2 c. granulated sugar
3 T. cornstarch
1/4 t. salt
1 t. vanilla extract
1 T. butter
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Add in the milk and whisk together until it feels like everything is mostly dissolved. Mix in vanilla.
- Turn the heat on to medium heat and keep stirring until pudding becomes thickened, just before it starts to boil. (about 5 minutes..?)
- Immediately take off the stove and stir in the butter, and cool down (I kept stirring a little bit before I poured them into the dishes because mine was just starting to boil and I didn’t want chunks in it)
- Pour into desired serving dishes and pop in the fridge and wait for them to set and cool before serving. Enjoy!
- Homemade Vanilla pudding (graceandlife.wordpress.com)
- When cooking homemade chocolate pudding is there a big difference between vanilla and vanilla essence (wiki.answers.com)
- Creamy Vanilla Rice Pudding (kaijunkie.wordpress.com)