Coconut, such a quality word. Every letter is pronounced, just like it should be. Meringue could really take a few lessons from coconut. So that is why they are joined here today. Yep, that’s my logic.
Seriously, they’re like crispy on the outside then super gooey and yummy on the inside. HEAVEN! *bells ringing*
(adapted from Spark Recipes)
1 1/2 c. sweetened shredded coconut
2 egg whites
1/4 t. vanilla extract
dash of salt
2/3 c. white sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat egg white and dash of salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add in sugar while beating until peaks are stiff and glossy.
- Fold in coconut.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until set and slightly browned. Center will still be soft.
Random Fact of the Day: The youngest parents ever recorded were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910. That is beyond just disturbing…
Random Fact of the Day (Sorry I forgot the one for the Coconut Cream Pie!): Ants stretch when they wake up in the morning. Why does an ant seem cute to me all of a sudden?
P.S. Don’t forget to “like” Beautiful Disasters on Facebook!!!–>
- Coconut Cream Pie (mybeautifuldisasters.wordpress.com)
- Big meringues with whipped cream and elderflower strawberries recipe (telegraph.co.uk)
- Happy Forgotten Kisses Meringue Recipe (ichoosehappynow.wordpress.com)