This here folks is the king of cupcakes.The grand KAHUNA, if you will. It’s got all the chocolate you could ever want and more. It’s like a Chocolate Twinkie in cupcake form almost..See, you start out with an amazing chocolate cake. Off to a fabulous start.Then, you fill it with this incredible chocolate mousse. I somehow had leftovers which were happily devoured by those who will not be named After that, you make your frosting and pipe it right on top of the cupcakes. If you’re not feeling the piping bag, feel free to just spread the frosting on, because you’ll just be topping if with some Snickers later anyways.After you’re done with frosting them, you can top them with your chopped Snickers, and you are good to go! You’ve got yourself one of the tastiest cupcakes on the planet!! Give yourself a nice little pat on the back and an extra cupcake
Chocolate Mousse Filled Snickers Cupcake
1 Devils Food Cake Mix
1 Small Box of Chocolate instant pudding mix
1/2 c. vegetable or canola oil
1 c. milk
1 c. sour cream (I used light sour cream and it was still delicious, nobody noticed!)
2 c. heavy whipping cream
2 c. melted chocolate
Chocolate Butter-cream Frosting
1 stick butter, softened
2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
1/2 t. vanilla
milk, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 cupcake tins with liners.
- Place the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, milk, and sour cream into bowl of stand mixer. Beat until well combine, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Scoop batter evenly into 24 cupcake liners, about 2/3 way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove and let cool, I let mine sit in the fridge because I have pretty much no patience
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler and let cool for 5 minutes. Whip heavy whipping cream with a mixer until it looks like whipped cream, stiff peaks should form. Gently fold in melted chocolate that has cooled for 5 minutes. Continue folding until well combined, then transfer into a piping bag.
- When cupcakes have cooled, press the tip of the piping bag into the center of the cupcake until the tip is pretty much covered, then squeeze mousse into center until you see the cupcakes puff up a little bit (it’s so cool!)
- To make the frosting, beat the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla until well combined and a nice frosting consistency. I added about 3 or maybe 4 tablespoons of milk into mine to make it a good consistency to pipe. Top with chopped Snickers.