When you get a new phone, don’t you just like play with it all day? Even if it’s not a fancy smart phone..just a regular plain old phone. Then again, I feel like I’m the only person who doesn’t have a smart phone.
Come to think of it, I do the same thing with lots of other things. Like new clothes, when I get home from shopping I try on all my new clothes when I get home. Sometimes I even do it TWICE…Is this normal?
When I was little I would always smell my new shoes. That is weird. I know. But I have learned the ways of being older and slightly more mature.
Now I play with my ice cream maker. :-)
To be honest, I was kind of disappointed in myself after my first batch of ice cream. It kind of made me a teeny bit scared that I had wasted that much money on an ice cream maker that makes icy ice cream. Well let me tell you, I am SO relieved that I gave it a second chance. This ice cream is unbelievably creamy and delicious. I was shocked when I took my first bite, “I really made this?!”. Give it a shot!
Cookies ‘N Cream Ice Cream (minty twist)
(adapted from Sweet Tooth)
(makes 2 quarts)
1 1/2 c. whole milk
1 c. plus 2 T. white sugar
3 c. heavy cream
1 T. vanilla
15 cookies, crushed (be creative! I used Andes mint cookies, because I didn’t have Oreos. Do whatever you feel like!)
- Make sure your ice cream maker is in the freezer for at least 24 hours before starting this recipe.
- Stir the milk and sugar together in a medium-sized bowl until the sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the cream and vanilla
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream machine and let it run for the manufacturer’s recommended time. Add the crushed cookies in about 5 minutes before the time is up.
- Put the ice cream in the freezer to firm up completely for a couple hours.