Am I the only one who feels like they’re typing too many n’s when I spell bananas? I feel like there are way more than 2 n’s in there!!Anyways I decided to make myself some banana bread the other day since we had some super nasty lookin bananas. It ended up looking for like biscotti or something when it was sliced… But hey, it’s healthy and it tastes awesome! Anyways, can you believe summer is like..over? I honestly want to cry. Maybe it doesn’t make that much of a difference to you mature working adults. But for me…for me, I feel like I’m going to prison. I’m not exaggerating. I never do that. But seriously, school stinks. Maybe if there were no tests or homework I could tolerate it. Ugh, why do people have to be smart?Skool is totally overrated.
(If you want a normal looking banana bread, I recommend doubling this recipe)
1/4 c. white sugar
2 T. butter, softened
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 c. applesauce
3 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine softened butter and sugar, and beat with a mixer at medium speed, until well combined. Add the egg and applesauce, and beat another 2 minutes. Fold in mashed bananas.
- Combine the two flours, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, 1/2 c. at a time, mixing after each addition until moistened.
- Coat one loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.