I need help. I’m admitting it. I have too many recipes!!!! I literally feel like I’m drowning in them. I have come to realize a very puzzling dilemma. The dilemma that I feel like many food bloggers would run into. I print like every recipe.
Then I usually put them into a big old binder. Problem is…that binder got super full. Things were fulling out, and I was leaving trails of recipes. Shockingly, my family doesn’t like that. So then I made a second binder. Dedicated to desserts. (that’s a whole other problem..) Now I have even filled both of those binders with recipes I’ve made, posted, or want to make in the future. I don’t know where to put anymore recipes!!!! I feel like I need a filing cabinet or something. Maybe just one of those rentable storage units would do. But serious question, do you keep all your recipes? Also, do you print all your recipes? or do you just run back and forth from the computer every time you make something…good way to burn off the calories, I suppose.
By the way, this recipes is delicious. I managed to get 2. Then they mysteriously disappeared…I’ll have to hunt them down.
Mint Cookie Truffles
(adapted from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen)
9 oz. box of Thin Mints (Or mint cookies, I used Andes’)
4 oz. (1/2 block) cream cheese, softened
About 1 1/2 c. chocolate (I like to use dark), melted
- Crush the mint cookies very thinly. Either the food processor or rolling pin will work just fine.
- Once crushed, pour the crumbs into a large bowl and add cream cheese. Get your hands in there are mix VERY well. You want the mixture to be very dark with no white spots anywhere.
- Roll into small balls and place on parchment paper line baking sheet and refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and using a toothpick or fork, dip truffles completely and twirl to allow the excess chocolate to drip off. Place back on baking sheet and sprinkle with nonpareils, if desired. Refrigerate until firm.
- I scream you scream we all scream for… (mybeautifuldisasters.wordpress.com)
- obsessed (mybeautifuldisasters.wordpress.com)
- Cookie-Infused Truffles – The Oreo Cheesecake Pops are Yummy and Bite-Sized (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)