Last weekend I went apple picking with my parents, a family fall tradition that had stopped for so many years. Thankfully we started it up again last year and continued to this year!.Unfortunately this year, the apple orchard we go to didn’t spray their orchard with the spray that keeps the bug away. (Ha that rhymed!) So, it was pretty challenging to find some decent apples. I felt horrible because the owners of the place just could not be any sweeter! We ended up finding about a dozen that fit the bill!So I got to work with them and put a couple delicious fall flavors together. How can you go wrong with apples and cinnamon?I just tried this technique (^) up here for the first time for frosting and filling my cupcakes. I think I have added ten years on my life by doing this!!! So much less stressful and so easy. Just put your pastry bag (or plastic bag) in a cup, with the tip at the bottom, and scoop your frosting right in the bag.
(adapted from Wilton)
3/4 c. milk
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 t. vanilla extract
2 1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. white sugar
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 T. baking powder
2 apples, peeled and chopped (2 c.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tin with liners.
- Beat eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla together. Add in flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon and stir just until moistened. ( Don’t over mix!) Stir in apples.
- Pour into prepared liners about 2/3 full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove and cool completely.
- Fill with frosting and frost tops, as well.
(adapted from Erica’s Sweet Tooth)
1 c. butter (2 sticks)
4 c. powdered sugar’
3 T. milk
1 t. vanilla
1 t. cinnamon
- Beat butter in an electric mixer until fluffy
- Add powdered sugar 1/2 c. at a time until completely mixed.
- Add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency
- Mix in vanilla and cinnamon until completely combined.
Random Fact of the Day: Dolly Parton once lost a Dolly Parton Look-Alike contest.
- Healthy Snack Shortcut: Whole Wheat and Cinnamon (fitsugar.com)
- Cinnamon Bun Pancakes with Vanilla Frosting and Salty Baked Bacon (paonblanc.wordpress.com)
- One Heck of a Cupcake (mybeautifuldisasters.wordpress.com)