Can you believe it?? I can’t! Seriously, I didn’t think I would stick with it the way I have. It’s definitely no cake walk but I don’t think I could stop. Blogging is something that just becomes part of you.
I think my photography has improved..what do you think??Anyways, it’s definitely been a learning experience. Blogging is also a really amazing thing. There are just so many incredible, awesome, kind, genuine people on here. Reading your comments truly brightens up my day and makes me smile. Seriously, I don’t think I’ve read a single comment without a smile on my face. You guys rock!!Anyways, what’s up with me and s’mores lately?? Theses here are exactly what they sound like, a cookie bar with marshmallows and chocolate. (beware, that dough is deadly up there)
It’s like a sticky little square of s’more goodness. It’s so, so easy…make itttt
S’mores Cookie Bars
(adapted from All You Magazine)
1 c. flour
1 c. graham cracker crumbs (1 sleeve of graham crackers)
1/2 t. baking powder
1/8 t. salt
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 c. marshmallow creme
1 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8 x 8 inch pan with foil, leaving 2″ overhang on 2 sides. Mist foil with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix well. In a mixing bowl on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg until well combined. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly beat flour mixture into butter mixture. Divide dough in half. Press half the dough into pan until it is uniform and flat. Spread with marshmallow creme and sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips on top. Scatter remaining dough over its clumps. Don’t worry about completely covering the top; marshmallow and chocolate should peek through
- Bake until golden brown, 30-35 minutes in preheated oven. Place pan on wire rack to cool completely. Remove from pan, peel off foil and cut into bars. (refrigerating them helps with cutting)
Random Fact of the Day: 1 pound of lemons contain more sugar than 1 pound of strawberries.
- Sugar Shout Out: Homemade S’mores Are the Perfect Edible Gift! (casasugar.com)
- Summer might be over but it’s food lives on!! (mybeautifuldisasters.wordpress.com)
- Twists on the classic s’more (eatocracy.cnn.com)