I’ve considered going vegan. And then I’ve also wondered what vegan people could possibly eat?? This would do. Cookies without eggs..? Turns out they’re pretty amazing.Vegan life would most definitely have it’s challenges. No more of my beloved Chick-Fil-A, no more eggs, no more sausage, no more bacon,
no more milk wait I don’t really like that anyways. WOULD I BE ABLE TO HAVE ICE CREAM?! Plus my family and I have meat like every night…and lots of times with lunch. Even occasionally with breakfast.But I think I could do it. I’d just have salad and these cookies every night for dinner. Sounds like a nice, balanced lifestyle. Care to join me?
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
(Adapted from Peas and Thank You) (I substituted the vegan margarine stuff for real butter)
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
3/4 t. salt
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. peanut butter chips (I didn’t have any so I left these out)
1/2 c. chocolate chips
about 2 T. milk (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter, peanut butter, sugars, and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Mix in baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flours.
- Mix until dough forms. The dough may look a little dry right now, if it is, add in milk until the dough is no longer crumbly.
- Add in chips. No need for exact measurements!
- You can eat the dough at any point..SERIOUSLY! No eggs here so it’s completely safe. But if you prefer the baked route you may continue here.
- Scoop dough onto cookie sheets about 1-2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven. They’ll look much like they did when you put them in, when they’re done. Don’t let them over-bake!