If you don’t remember, a while back I believe I mentioned that I am an official member of the Secret Recipe Club now. If you don’t know what it is all about, check them out of that link ^up there or here…
Holy Schmoly this girl has got TONS of amazing recipes! It was sooo hard to pick just one!! I finally decided to make her Tiger Butter recipe in honor of the fact that today is Halloween and this was the most Halloween-y recipe on there. (It’s got orange and black, in case you don’t see my logic..)
Plus, my school’s mascot is the Tiger so I feel a fairly strong connection con los tigres . Why do I always feel the need to say tigers in spanish..? Some things I will just never understand about myself. *Sigh*So if you’ve got a minute, stop by and give Life and Kitchen a holler!
(from Life and Kitchen)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips, my preference!)
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Melt the chocolate/dark chocolate chips either in a double boiler or the microwave. I prefer the double boiler, but whatever floats your boat!
- Pour melted chocolate/dark chocolate in the prepared 8×8 pan.
- Melt white chocolate chips with creamy peanut butter in double broiler or microwave(about 1 minute)
- Pour melted peanut butter mixture on top of chocolate/dark chocolate layer.
- Using the stick-end of your spoon, swirl the chocolate and peanut butter to make “tiger” stripes!
- Pop into the fridge for about an hour and cut into squares when cool. Enjoy
Random Fact of the Day: Per-capita Mozzarella cheese consumption has risen five-fold since 1972. Mozzarella is the second most popular cheese, next to cheddar.