So go back to the basic cupcake, and give this recipe a try. It’s very basic and super easy!
(adapted from food network)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- For cupcakes: Beat eggs and sugar in a medium bowl using a mixer until light and foamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in butter and vanilla. Gradually pour in butter and then vanilla. Reduce speed to and mix in half of dry ingredients. Beat in milk. Add remaining dry ingredients and beat to combine. Do not over mix.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter into each cup in muffin tin. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, release cupcakes from tins then cool completely. Decorate with desired frosting.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
(adapted from Krissy’s Creations)
3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cups chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler.
- Beat butter until nice and fluffy. Then beat in the powdered sugar. Add salt and vanilla extract. Once chocolate is completely cooled, mix it in.
- Pipe or spread onto cupcakes as desired.
- The Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake with Chocolate Buttercream (geekgirl415.com)
- Lemon and Honey Buttercream Frosting (kristenleanne.wordpress.com)
- Spicey Cupcakes with Banana Buttercream Frosting (mydailybreadbodyandsoul.com)