Pecan pie is something I wasn’t introduced to until last year. My sister’s boyfriend was going to be spending Thanksgiving at our house since his family lives so far away that it is a bit of a hassle and pretty costly to fly all the way there. Anyways, the point is, that one of his few requests was to have a pecan pie.
Pecan pie was something that was quite new to my family. None of us had ever made is before and I had never even tasted it. So the search for a good pecan pie recipe began. My mom ended up making a delicious pecan pie which sparked my love for the stuff. It may be a southern dish, but it has definitely found a spot in our Midwestern home’s heart.
(adapted from allrecipes)
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans
1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust (I used my regular recipe)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy, and stir in melted butter. Stir in the brown sugar, white sugar and the flour; mix well. Add the milk, vanilla, and nuts.
- Pour into an unbaked 9-in pie shell. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done.
- GAHIGF: Vegan, Gluten and Refined Sugar Free Pecan Pie Bars (withoutadornment.wordpress.com)
- Pecan Pie. Corn Starch Or Not? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Pecan Pie Recipe (cantbeme.com)