This here is actually a spin-off of Jenny’s Oreo Stuffed Cookies. With the combination of flavors I chose, these would be a great addition to your Christmas cookie platter, or just a cookie for any regular old day!
Instead of using the traditional chocolate chip cookie, I decided to go with a double chocolate chip peppermint cookie. Mint and chocolate are one of my absolute favorite combinations, so this was a total no-brainer for me!
I also chose to use mini Oreos since we just had a couple little bags laying around, but feel free to use the regular-sized Oreos. I actually recommend using the regular sized if you really like to get the whole Oreo experience. Double-stuffed makes everything better, too!
Double Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Stuffed Cookies
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon peppermint extract (or mint extract)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
about 20-30 mini Oreos or about 10-15 regular sized Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In mixer, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, then stir in vanilla and peppermint (or mint) extracts. Gradually stir flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into the creamed mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- If using mini Oreos: Scoop 1 teaspoonful of cookie dough and place in hand, top with a mini Oreo, then top with an additional teaspoonful of cookie dough. Smoosh it together, form into a ball, and place onto the cookie sheet. Repeat this process until there is no more cookie dough or Oreos.
- If using regular sized Oreos: Do the same as the mini Oreo process (above) except use a tablespoonful of cookie dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-13 minutes or until edges are set. Watch these carefully! They may appear not done, but if anything-take them out early because they can get pretty crispy fairly easily.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie rack then finish cooling on a wire rack.
Random Fact of the Day: Bruce Lee was so fast, that they actually had to slow a film down so you could see his moves.