Today is a special day for me. I’ll give you a hint.I’ve been alive for 6,205 days. Of course unless you want to get all technical and stuff it will be a few more days than that. Also… I get to blow out a raging fire!
TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY! A whole day in celebration of ME, ME, ME, and more MEEEE! Ahh how could you possible go wrong? Anyways, I decided that I want something nice and simple for my birthday treat.
I decided to go with a two-layer Ice Cream pie, that has a couple of my favorite ice cream flavors involved. It so simple that I didn’t even make the ice cream! *GASP* Trust me though, if it wasn’t finals week and I had more time I so would have made this ice cream with a mint cookies n’ cream layer.Sigh, I will just have to save that for a random celebratory Saturday. Why not celebrate a random Saturday, right?
Oh yeah, and see that fudge swirl thang I’ve got going on down there? It’s like the easiest thing in the entire universe. Simply do this: Spread whipped topping on top of pie, squirt circles like a bulls-eye on top with some chocolate syrup (I used Hersheys, so easy and delicious), then take a toothpick and stick it in the center circle of the pie and drag out to the edge, and keep repeating this until you have dragged your toothpick quite a few times and it looks like this!
Hope you all have a great day!
Ice Cream Pie
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
24 graham crackers (I used Honey Graham Crackers)
1/4 cup sugar
half of a 1.5 container of ice cream (See note)
another half of a 1.5 container of ice cream of a different flavor (See note)
1 container of whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. While oven is preheating, set one flavor of ice cream out to soften until VERY soft.
- Crush graham crackers until finely crushed. Measure 1 1/2 cups of crumbs in a medium bowl. Add 1/4 cup sugar to the crumbs. Stir in the melted butter or blend with hands. Press in the 9 inch pie plate. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.Let cool.
- Once one flavor of ice cream is very soft and spreadable, spread in the bottom of cooled pie crust. Set back into freezer and let set until firm. Meanwhile, set second flavor of ice cream out to soften.
- Once ice cream in pie crust is firm and second flavor of ice cream is at a spreadable consistency, spread it on top of the first layer. Set back in freezer until firm.
- Once pie is set, top with whipped topping and any additional add-ons like sprinkles, chocolate chips, chopped candy, chocolate shavings, etc. If you’d like to get fancy you can make the fudge swirly by squirting circles in a bulls-eye fashion on top of whipped topping and then dragging a toothpick from the center to the outside of the pie, all the way around the pie. Enjoy!
NOTE: If you would just like a single flavor ice cream pie, simply use one whole 1.5 quart container of ice cream for your 9 inch pie crust
Random Fact of the Day: Pope John Paul II was named an “Honorary Harlem Globetrotter” in 2000.
- [CES 2012] Gametel Bluetooth Controller Gives Just About Any Android Phone An Easy, Accurate Gaming Experience (androidpolice.com)
- Cruise Tips – Disney Cruise Ship Food, Part I (disneyvacationenthusiast.wordpress.com)
- Creative Idea’s for Ice Cream Flavors (sincitygirl73.wordpress.com)