I know I’ve got another oatmeal cookie recipe on here, which I do happen to love as well by the way, but this one. This one is just different. That other one is great if you want something healthy and tasty and all, but it’s a cookie. If you want a treat, you put real butter in it, not any of that applesauce nonsense.
So here you go, the world’s best oatmeal cookie recipe! When I say that, I really do mean it…In all 17 years of my life I have never had a better oatmeal cookie. This is a must-try, fool-proof cookie recipe!! Give it a try and put your own spin on it, be creative and add in all you want. That’s what is great about these cookies, super versatile and delicious every time :)
Thick and Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 small package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 Tablespoon (Yes, an entire TABLESPOON) Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (all-purpose is fine too!)
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (even if you don’t like nuts, I HIGHLY encourage you to add these in. It gives the cookies a great texture)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place butter, salt, and both sugars into mixer bowl. Beat until combined. Mix in eggs. Add vanilla pudding mix, vanilla extract, baking soda, water, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg until blended. Mix in oats, then both flours. Finally, stir in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- For best results here, you want to make pretty large cookies. Drop by large scoops, about 2-3 Tablespoons each. Place about 2 inches apart and bake 10-12 minutes, until tops are lightly cracked and soft when touched. Cool cookies 5 minutes on cookies sheets. Transfer cookies to cooling racks and finish cooling. Store cookies in airtight container.
Random Fact of the Day: The cruise liner Queen Elizabeth 2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.
- Three Chip Oatmeal Cookies (yesiwantcake.com)
- Neiman March $250 Chocolate Chip Cookies: My Version (suzanneanderson.net)
- Soft and Chewy Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies (simplisticgourmetrecipes.wordpress.com)