I have been meaning to try Jessica’s Better Than Crack Brownies for like EVERR. I love her blog so much! Her blog was the first one that I ever really started reading and I’ve been hooked to blogging since. She’s like my inspiration!
Anyways, I was reading the comments the other day on the post…I’m not sure why. It’s not like I’m a usual comment reader but, nonetheless I found myself reading them. There are some pretty interesting (aka. psycho) people on the internet these days. Here are a few of their comments…
This here is from Matt.. “you obviously never had crack”
Dee’s response?, ” lol..i agree:)”
- Let’s see more, it gets even greater here folks.
- Rick said, “so what happens if you actually put crack in them? better than heroin brownies?”
- This one was part of one lady from Brazil’s comment “SO UNHEALTHY! Moreover lots of ready made stuff that we don´t have in Brazil! I Prefer wholesome Brownies that could at least be a LITTLE bit good for the health. No wonder Americans are SO FAT!”
- Sheesh!! A little harsh, but sadly I guess it’s slightly true.
- This other person’s response literally made me LOL, “really lady really?? its called being able to indulge every once in awhile…..yes some people overindulge sometimes…but hey whatcha gunna do! its not like we Americans are going to make these brownies and then sit there and eat the whole lot alone! were going to share them with our family and friends you idiot! that way we the bakers will most likely eat only 1 maybe 2…. get over yourself and your stupid brazilness…..boo on you! and who wants wholesome and little bit healthy for you brownies anyway! yuck!!! brownies are meant to be not good for you and delicious!!! duhhh!”
- This is another pretty great response, “Brownies exist because people want to eat something really sweet and unhealthy once in a while. Therefore it’s a great idea to put processed candy in the brownies. Maybe you should make a Brazilian website called “How Semi-Sweet It Is” or “Brownies With Reduced Sugar Not Only Look Like Crap, They Also Taste Like It”. And Mrs. Cox, with a name like that, I find it ironic that you are talking about things that are hard to swallow.”
- I could seriously read these comments all day and copy them on here but I think it’s just best if you all just go over to How Sweet and check them out…should give ya a pretty good laugh!
- I adapted this recipe by converting it to an 8×8 inch baking dish. I also used this brownie mix that I got during post-Christmas sales! It says funfetti, but the candy chips are in a separate package in the box that you mix in separately so I just saved mine for a later use.
Better Than Crack Brownies
(adapted from How Sweet It Is)
(This recipe was originally posted for a 13 x 9 dish, but I knew that many would be dangerous around myself!)
1 box mix or your favorite brownie mix, prepared
5 peanut butter cups, chopped
1/4 cup salted peanuts
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 Tablespoon butter
3/4 cup rice crispy cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking pan with butter or cooking spray. Prepare brownie mix according to directions on box. Pour half into an 8×8 inch baking dish, pour the remaining half into a plastic bag and you may freeze for later use. It’ll be good for a few months. Bake brownies in pan for 12-15 minutes.
- Take brownies out of oven and sprinkle peanuts and chopped peanut butter cups over top, return to oven for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate, peanut butter, and 1/4 tablespoon of butter in heat proof bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each until fully melted. Mix in rice crispy cereal. Spread mixture evenly over top and place in fridge for at least 2 hours, until set. Enjoy and store extras in fridge!
Random Fact of the Day: The world’s most expensive burger costs $5,000 and is served at the Fleur de Lys restaurant in Las Vegas.