So if you happened to read last week’s “Week in Review” post, you would have seen I got a hair cut Thursday. A rare, yet essential thing for me. Anyways, my hair cut lady I used to go to was..hm, how to put this..? Different. She always had some pretty interesting stuff to tell me. The lady I go to to get my eyebrows done says some strange things sometimes too, but we’ll get to that later.
The lady I used to go to for getting my hair cut had a very obscure conversation with me last time I saw her. To briefly summarize, she told me about her drunk driving experiences, how to get a job by “showing off my goods”, and how I should ALWAYS have a boyfriend and a backup option in case we break up.
It became quite apparent that I needed a new hair cut lady (or man, whatever works!). The only thing that was holding me back was that I still really wanted to go to the same place, I just did not want to deal with the awkwardness of seeing her again. She is totally the type to run up to you and be like “What’s wrong with you! Why aren’t you going to me anymore?!”. After a long time of not getting a hair cut, she actually asked me if I was “cheating on her”. Kind of funny I guess, but when I was 12 I was just freaked out.
Anyways, I finally got the guts to call in for an appointment and ask for a different lady. I went into the appointment biting my lip completely freaking out on whether I would see her or not, thinking what if i see her?! Ah, TOTAL awkward to the max moment. Then it came to me. Mom to the rescue! I could sooo use my wonderful mother as an excuse. My plan was to just say that my mom made the appointment and forgot who I normally see! Phew!! So then, I went into my appointment totally relaxed and ready for one of those great head massages they give you when they’re washing your hair.
On a totally different note, I made these coconut cookies. I had not made them in like a really long time, but I remembered how awesome they were the last time I made them. They are chock full of coconut flavor. The shredded coconut really gives the cookies an amazing chewy texture that makes you want to grab another. and another. and another. and well…you know how this will end.
Chewy Coconut Cookies
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together sugars and butter. Beat in egg and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in coconut. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. These cookies will spread so even if they are small (teaspoonfuls) space them about 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted and edges are golden. Cool on baking sheet then finish on wire racks. Enjoy and store extras in airtight container.
Random Fact of the Day: California has issued at least 6 drivers licenses to people named Jesus Christ.
- Coconut Macaroons (jenniferlyount.wordpress.com)
- 4 C Cookies – chocolate, cinnamon, coffee and caramel (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (pastaprincessandmore.wordpress.com)