OMG scariest thing ever just happened to me the other night.
I was face to face with a big ‘ol fly in the shower. Me and bugs don’t mix. I have clearly illustrated this before and you can see it here, if you have not seen it before. I’ve also talked about it here.
Mr. Fly went bizerk. He zoomed here, there, and just about everywhere! This is the main reason why I can handle ants. Ants don’t have wings. Lady bugs, flies, and those occasional flying spider this…those are just plain UN-fair!
Oh, and I also made these delicious cheesy, chicken tortilla bake thing-a-ma-jigs. They’re awesome. These chicken tortilla guys are like a mix of an enchilada, burrito, taco-ish type thing. They were perfect with some spanish rice I cooked up, but I’ll be sharing that with you later! ;)
Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Bake
NOTE: This recipe may be prepared ahead of time. I made mine earlier in the day, and just covered it with foil and then a few hours later when I was ready to bake it, I baked it for 30 minutes in a 375 degree F oven, covered and then I took the foil off and finished it for 10 more minutes, uncovered. This may be refrigerated up to 24 hours ahead of time or you may freeze it for up to 1 month. If you freeze it, be sure to let thaw overnight in the fridge and then bake the same as you would for the refrigerated version as stated previously.
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup salsa
3 cups milk (I used skim)
1/2 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
1/2 cup sour cream (or mayonnaise)
1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican-Blend Cheese
about 3 Tablespoons parsley flakes
about 10 tortilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray baking dishes with cooking spray or grease with oil. I used a 13 x 9 inch dish and an 8 x 8 inch dish.
- In a large heavy saucepan, whisk sour cream and flour. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring until mixture thickens up into a nice sauce consistency. Add about 1 cup shredded cheese-stir and cook until melted. Take sauce off heat and set 1 cup of sauce aside.
- Mix in chicken, salsa, and parsley into the sauce in saucepan. Spoon about 1/2 cup of chicken-sauce mixture onto each tortilla and roll up (I like to roll mine similar to how this guy rolls his in this video, minus the foil). Place rolls, seams-side down into prepared baking dishes. Top each roll with sauce that was set aside earlier (I had to mix my sauce around with a spoon because the top has started to set) and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and rolls are heated through.
- Flying Spider or Spider Fly, I Don’t Care: I Really Hate This Bug [Image Cache] (gizmodo.com)
- Battle Royale: Baths or Showers? (bellasugar.com)
- When Stuck at an Airport, What Would You Do About Showers? (bellasugar.com)