Now if you have tried the stuff before, you know what I’m talking about. It’s just plain good. I have attempted to make my very own recreation of cookie butter. It’s definitely not the exact same taste, and not exactly the same texture but it’s the same concept!
I love this stuff. This is MY cookie butter. My very own version that suits my very own needs. But I thought I’d be nice and share. So here you go. This concoction is awesome with anything and everything. Even healthy things *gasp*, like apples! Go off and make your own cookie butter!!
Homemade Cookie Butter
(makes about 1 cup)
2 packages (18 total sheets of crackers) Graham Crackers
1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 Tablespoon molasses
2 Tablespoons coconut oil (any other type of oil will work as well)
3/4 cup-1 cup water
- Place graham crackers in food processor and process until they become very fine crumbs.
- Keep processor running and add in cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar through top spout. Add in molasses and coconut oil through top spout.
- Gradually add in water until cookie butter has achieved desired creaminess. It is best to add in about 1/2 cup, lift the lid and then see where you are at and how much more water you want to add in from there. This is also a good time to taste test and see if you want to add in more spices. I store my cookie butter in an air tight container in the fridge. It should be fine in the pantry, but I have not tried it.
Random Fact of the Day: The first man to survive going over Niagara Falls later died from slipping on an orange peel.
- Molasses Crinkles, Or more appropriately, “Mookies” (whoopsyummy.wordpress.com)
- Brewer’s yeast Recipes (southernbreastfeedingsupport.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Cheese Crackers (101cookbooks.com)