Alright for a brief second let’s rewind back to last week (aka. death week…finals week). For some reason the weather got angry and went from 80s to like 50s and 60s, so it was time to bake!!I decided to make some brownies. It has been so long since I have made just a plain, good classic. These brownies fit the bill. Super chocolate, moist, and fudge. Everything you want and need from a brownie!
Plain Good Fudgy Brownies
11 Tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder (I used dark cocoa)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 cup flour
heaping 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 8 inch pan with cooking spray or grease with oil
- Set a medium sized saucepan oven medium-high heat and melt the butter. Next, add the white sugar and vanilla extract. Stir well. Remove from the pan from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl and whisk in the eggs until well combined. Stir in the flour and chocolate chips, just until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out mostly clean. Let cool about 20 minutes, then slice brownies. Enjoy!
Random Fact of the Day: Tablecloths were originally meant to be served as towels with which dinner guests could wipe their hands and faces after eating.
- Make A Good Brownie (guyscuisine.com)
- Fudgy Cocoa Brownies + The Great Brownie Debate (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- fudge brownie cupcakes with cookie dough frosting. (sallysbakingaddiction.com)