I can be fairly indecisive. I always kind of have been.
When I was younger and would go to my grandma’s for lunch with my mom, I remember she would always ask where I would want to get lunch from. It seemed like it was practically the biggest decision of my life. McDonalds? Culvers? Portillo’s? (<– Only Chicago people would probably know this one) Wendy’s? The possibilities were endless. It was all too much.
To continue with my indecisiveness I names these babies mufcakes. Their super chocolatey so I feel like they can not really be called a muffin. But then again…where’s the frosting?! Not here. Therefore it is not a cupcake. It is simply something baked in a muffin/cupcake tin. See? I can’t even decide what type of tin it is.
What I do know is that these mufcakes are super rich and chocolatey and will definitely hit the spot if you have a chocolate craving. Using high quality chocolate will get you far [as always].
Flourless Chocolate Mufcakes
2/3 cup (4 oz.) chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Dark cocoa powder)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Cut the chocolate into small cubes. Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler, while whisking until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Once smooth, take chocolate mixture off heat and whisk in sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and whisk immediately until well combined. Sift the cocoa powder unto the chocolate mixture and stir until just combined with a rubber spatula.
- Place batter into prepared muffin tin and bake in preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in middle. Let cool in baking tin for about 5 minutes then remove from muffin tin to complete cooling.
Random Fact of the Day: The foot is the most common body part bitten by insects.
- Gluten Free Cupcake Decorating: Constellations (freepeople.com)
- fudge brownie cupcakes with cookie dough frosting. (sallysbakingaddiction.com)
- Moist Chiquita Banana Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)