My family has been dog-sitting for the past week…
We are taking care of our neighbor’s doggy, Chloe. Chloe has been a long-time pal of our dog Harry. They are little angels separated on their own, but when they get together…something takes them over. They turn into little monsters.
Little monsters that will bark their little heads off at a minuscule imaginary dust particle. They will literally try to out-bark each other. Thankfully Chloe will return to her own home, so things will be back to normal soon.
By the way, I made some food. Apple cake-it’s cake but there is fruit involved, therefore it’s perfect for breakfast! or whenever. Also, this is one of Gram’s recipes, so it’s obviously gotta be a winner.
1 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 1/2 cups white sugar
pinch of salt
2 cups flour (I used 1 3/4 all-purpose and 1/4 whole wheat flour)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
5 apples, peeled and cut into cubes
1 cup nuts, chopped (I used walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Blend egg, sugar, oil in a large bowl. In a separate medium bow, sift flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Stir into bowl with egg mixture. Fold in apples and nuts.
- Pour and spread batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out mostly clean from center. Enjoy and lightly cover leftovers.
Random Fact of the Day: There is a one in a trillion chance that a piece of space junk will land on your house today.
- Devonshire Apple Cake (blissfullyscrumptious.com)
- The Drapers could dig it: Old-fashioned apple spice cake (splashofsomething.com)
- Apple Fyri’s Cake (tammyehoney.wordpress.com)