This is absolutely, incredibly, insanely awesome.
This is ice cream, but not really ice CREAM. It’s frozen banana if you wanna get all technical on me here. But this is a great alternative for someone who is lactose-intolerant or just wants to watch their waistline. I saw this on interest a while ago, but was a bit skeptical.
This treat is really easy and super healthy. All you have to do it chop up a banana, freeze it, grind it all up for a couple minutes in the food processor until it gets creamy and dreamy. Then mix in what you like, I used chocolate chips because chocolate rocks my socks. Finally, take a spoon and stuff your face! You’re welcome
P.S. There is a slight banana taste. If you are really anti-banana, you can drown it out pretty well by adding chocolate chips or peanut butter or any other add-in.
One-Ingredient Ice Cream
any other add-ins like chocolate chips, graham crackers, peanut butter, Oreos, nuts, etc.
- Slice banana into small chunks or disks and freeze in freezer until frozen solid.
- Place frozen banana pieces in food processor and process until smooth (about 2ish minutes). You may need to scrape down the sides every so often. If using peanut butter, process it in until fully incorporated.
- Stir in by hand any additional add-ins and enjoy!!
- Healthy Cookie: 2-Ingredient Chocolate Banana “Ice Cream” (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- Creamy Banana Ice Cream (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- It’s a peachy time for homemade ice cream (tbo.com)