There are a few things I really, really like.
Oreos would be one of them. Side note: Seriously, how do they make those chocolate cookies so crispy, yummy, and chocolatey?! I think it’s one of life’s mysteries.
Another would be peanut butter. I can eat it from the jar with a spoon and be totally content. However, if you gave me a jar of peanuts I would kind of just be like “what the heck?!”.
It’s only destiny for these two rockstars to come together in cupcake form. It’s been a while since I’ve made cupcakes and I thought these would be a great way to hop back into them. The frosting is freakishly good and makes way more than you need, so be ready to grab a spoon and stuff your face.
(adapted from How Sweet It Is)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk (I used skim)
10 Oreos, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tin with liners.
- Cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs. Add vanilla. Gradually add in flour and baking powder. Gradually mix in milk. Stir in crushed Oreos by hand.
- Fill cupcake liners with batter and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack, I placed mine in the fridge to speed up the process because I’m impatient ;)
Peanut Butter Oreo Frosting
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup peanut butter
3-5 cups powdered sugar
2-3 Tablespoons milk
10 Oreos, crushed
- Beat butter and vanilla extract with hand mixer or stand mixer. Mix in peanut butter. Add in powdered sugar. Mix in milk as needed to achieve desired consistency. Beat in crushed Oreos. Frost cupcakes as desired. You will most likely need to frost your cupcakes the old fashioned way, trying to pipe them will be hard because of the crushed Oreo pieces.
Random Fact of the Day: For every human in the world there are one million ants.
- The 150 Calorie Cupcake (littlemomentsofhappiness.com)
- fudge brownie cupcakes with cookie dough frosting. (sallysbakingaddiction.com)
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes (jroxdesigns.wordpress.com)