Who doesn’t love a good chocolate chip cookie?!
They rock. They’re like the Rolling Stones of cookies. They’re just classic. And again, they rock.
Since I kind of stink at making traditional blondie recipes for some unknown reason, I made these bad boys. Classic chocolate chip cookies in bar form. You really can not go wrong here.
These cookie bars are everything you could ever ask for from them. They are delicious, chewy, and soft. Perfect for any day, any time!
P.S. Have a great 4th of July! GO AMERICA!!!
Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie Bars
(Adapted from Very Best Baking)
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking pan.
- Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Add eggs. Gradually beat in flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips by hand. Spread dough into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan, then cut into bars and enjoy!
Random Fact of the Day: In the latter part of the 18th century, Prussian surgeons treated stutterers by snipping off portions of their tongues.
- It’s National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! (wdok.radio.com)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies… with a Twist (theovenmitt.com)
- Have Chocolate Chip Cookies, will travel (andtheycookedhappilyeverafter.wordpress.com)
- Peanut Butter and Honey Cookies w/ White Chocolate Chips (foodservicewarehouse.com)