I’m in a pickle, guys.
I have no idea what to make lately.
It’s not exactly that I don’t have recipes, seriously, I’ve got recipes to last me for the rest of my life, my future daughter’s life, my future granddaughter’s life, and probably my great-granddaughter’s life.
It’s more of that I don’t even know what I want to eat. Like everything looks great and sounds great, but it is kind of starting to feel like lots of things are tasting a bit the same.
Anyways, if y’all could help me out, throw me a line, and give me some good suggestions that would just be super.
Until then I guess I’ll just have to force myself to eat these incredible double chocolate mousse cupcakes, yep…I sure have it rough over here But forreals guys, I can’t get enough of this cupcake recipe, it comes out perfect every time and the mousse…I just have no words for it. Ah-mazing.
Double Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes
(Makes 8 cupcakes)
DARK CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used dark cocoa)
1/2 cup boiling water
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup plus 2 1/2 Tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon All-Purpose flour (yeah, I know it’s complicated, but it is a halved recipe. If you want to double it, it would be 1 1/3 cups flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line regular cupcake tins.
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over cocoa powder, and whisk until smooth. Let mixture cool. Into a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar together with a mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Stir in vanilla. Add the flour mixture. Add the cocoa mixture. Pour batter into prepared cupcake tins.
- Bake in preheated oven 15-18 minutes. Allow to cool in tins, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. When thoroughly cooled, fill cupcakes and frost with mousse recipe (below).
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or microwave until smooth and thoroughly melted. Let cool slightly.
- whip heavy cream until stiff peak form and it takes on the whipped cream look (you know what it looks like!). Fold in melted chocolate until thoroughly combined. Place mousse in piping bags and pipe into cupcakes and frost as desired on top. Keep finished cupcakes in fridge.
Random Fact of the Day: You can’t hum while holding your nose closed. Go ahead, try it!