I’ve made cajun chicken pasta before. Lovved it! Funny, because I usually really don’t like cajun food at all. Anywhoo, I made it again!
Except this time it was a wee bit different. And a wee bit friendlier on the bikini bod. ;)
I’m just trying to look out for y’all, you know. Especially after all those double chocolate mousse cupcakes, and all of the “accidental” I-made-too-much chocolate mousse. Yeah, so here is some delicious pasta for the day you finally feel like eating a real meal with stuff that has good things for you in it.
Lighter Cajun Chicken Pasta
(Serves about 4-5 people)
16 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 4-4oz. breasts)
8 ounces pasta (I used spaghetti)
3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, I just used my basic spice mix that I always have on hand
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 medium bell peppers, thinly sliced
1/2 white onion, sliced
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 cup chicken broth (I used low sodium & fat free)
1/3 cup skim milk
1 Tablespoon flour
1 ounce neufchâtel cheese
salt and pepper
- Prep all your veggies. In a small bowl, whisk milk, flour, and neufchâtel cheese until FULLY combined. Set aside. Season chicken generously with seasoning, salt, and garlic powder to your taste.
- Prepare pasta in salted water according to directions on package
- Heat a large heavy skillet and drizzle about a Tablespoon of olive oil, cook chicken until done. Set aside on a plate. Add olive oil to the SAME pan and reduce heat to medium, sauté bell peppers onion, and garlic for 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes and sauté for about 3 more minutes. Season with salt & pepper, garlic powder, and more seasoning, to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add chicken broth and milk-neufchatel mixture stirring and cooking for about 2 more minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet, add more seasonings to taste, cook for about a minute and a half until chicken is warm. Add pasta, and toss to coat with sauce. Serve and enjoy!