I have several good reasons why it is a good idea to have a second ice cream(ish) recipe posted this week
1. It is the first week of school. Hello early mornings and late nights of homework!?
2. Summer is not allowed to leave me.
3. It has OREOS aaannddd brownie batter goodness in it! Uh… yeah
4. Ice cream is delicious and I used some skim milk in there, therefore its nutritious.
Brownie Batter Cookies n Cream Ice Cream
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup milk (I use skim)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cup dry brownie mix
1 cup crushed Oreos (I used the 100th anniversary birthday ones!)
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, cream, sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and dry brownie mix. Pour mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to directions.
- During the last 5 minutes of time in ice cream machine, mix in crushed Oreo pieces. Store ice cream in air tight container and finish freezing in the freezer until firm, about 4 hours. Enjoy!
Note: You may want to let ice cream thaw about 5-10 minutes on counter or microwave about 15 seconds before serving.
Random Fact of the Day: ”Goodbye” came from “God bye” which came from “God be with you.”