Secret Recipe Club time, again!! It’s crazy how fast time has been flying by! I feel like I was literally just posting last month’s SRC post.
Anywho, this month I was assigned to check out Dena’s blog over at Oh! You Cook!. For some reason I just love her blog name! Dena is a lovely little lady who is a librarian (how fun! I bet she knows a ton of good books, I would love to be around that fun stuff all day) and blogs at night, so she sure keeps herself out of trouble!
She even has her own cookbook available on Amazon, how cool!! So be sure to check out her blog and all the yumminess going on over there.
The recipe I chose this month was her Flourless Chocolate Fudge Cookies. Man are these babies rich! Super yummy cookies, a little messy to make (as most delicious things are!), and really not too bad on the waistline. One thing you want to be sure you do when you make these is to LINE YOUR COOKIE SHEET WITH PARCHMENT PAPER. THIS IS NOT A JOKE. Seriously, you may or may not curse your face off if you do not line your baking sheet with paper.
But of course I would not know this because…well….I like always follow directions. Right.
What I CAN tell you, though, is that these taste just as good in heaps of cookie mess as they do in their “normal” cookie shape. “Normal” cookie shape can just be too mainstream though…am I right?
Flourless Chocolate Fudge Cookies
From Oh! You Cook!
3 cups confectioner’s sugar, measured then sifted
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups semi-sweet non-dairy chocolate chips (for parvecookies)
4 large egg whites
2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine sifted powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and chocolate chips. Mix in egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the egg whites and vanilla extract with a wooden spoon or spatula. Be sure to scrape the way to the bottom of the bowl so that everything is combined.
- Drop batter onto lined baking sheets leaving about 2 inches apart from each cookie. Bake in preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until tops are cracked and glossy. Cool for 1 minute, then slide cookies, still on parchment paper, onto cooling rack to cool completely. Then carefully peel parchment paper off cookies
Random Fact of the Day: The names of Popeye’s four nephews are Pipeye, Peepeye, Pupeye, and Poopeye.
- Flourless peanut butter white chocolate chip cookies (GF) (hungryhinny.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Moose Cookies (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- flourless microwave cookie for one (mollyalicenests.com)