Banana bread is something that is just perfect for everything.
Breakfast, snack, lunch, heck you could convert it into some sort of dinner I’m sure. Anyhow, I got saw this method of making banana bread last week and it just sounded too yummy to resist.
“Caramelized Banana” uh huh. I can dig it.
So basically you heat up some bananas, butter, and brown sugar in a skillet to make a yummy concoction. Then you get them all mixed up with your mixer, add some wet and dry ingredients. Bake it all up and consume your face off! Easy peasy.
Caramelized Banana Bread
3 Tablespoons butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 ripe bananas, sliced
1/2 cup buttermilk (I used reduced fat)
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour (I used 1 cup all-purpose, 1 cup whole wheat)
3/4 teaspoons baking soda
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray, it certainly helps to use a silicon loaf pan but a metal one will work as well. You may want to flour the pan, as well.
- Melt 3 Tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in brown sugar and sliced bananas, sauté for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let sit out of heat for about 10 minutes. Place banana mixture into bowl of mixer and beat until smooth.
- Combine buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in small bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together flour(s), baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture alternately; beat at low speed until just combined. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out with a few crumbs clinging. Cool on wire rack in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and finish cooling. Enjoy!
Random Fact of the Day: Pogonophobia is the fear of beards
- Chiquita Bananas Site Map (chiquitabananas.com)
- Banana Walnut Bread (dellacucinapovera.com)
- Best Banana Recipes – Healthy Banana Recipes Chiquita (chiquitabananas.com)