There are some foods that I find amazing. Like super delicious, just solid, great foods.
However, there are some that I have a little problem with.
Fettucini Alfredo is amazing but I can not eat more than two forkfuls, white cheddar cheeze-its are good for the first 4 crackers, white chocolate is only okay with me when it is mixed in with different stuff (I’m talking to you Hershey’s Cookies ‘N Cream bars!), and puppy chow is something I have to stop after one (maybe two) handfuls.
All that stuff is super rich to me. Like it makes me woozy, and my stomach starts to feel like a goopy swamp. I want to have more, I just become physically incapable of having more. It is some horrible curse from the health gods or something.
Anyways, my friends and my sister happen to really like puppy chow and it is super simple to make, so I figured I would share with you guys the recipe, in case you have never heard of it or tried it before!
I have never met someone who doesn’t like puppy chow, so this is a perfect treat for a party or after school snack for any little kids you have running around…or even after work snack, there is NO age limit on puppy chow!!
I packaged it up nice and cute in some jars with fabric and ribbon for my sister and friend (part of her birthday gift).
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups Chex cereal
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a microwave safe bowl or liquid measuring cup, melt peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds, then microwaving for 10 more seconds until fully melted. Stir it all together until combined. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Place the Chex cereal in a large bowl, pour peanut butter-chocolate mixture over cereal and mix it all together until all the cereal is completely coated.
- Place the powdered sugar in a large zip-lock bag, pour in the coated cereal, and shake bag to get all the cereal coated with powdered sugar. Once the mixture is fully coated, place puppy chow in container or plastic bag. Enjoy!
Random Fact of the Day: In what country will you find the most Universities? India.
- Quick Fall Treat: Candy Corn Puppy Chow (cookinfood.com)
- Fun With Food: Delicious (and Wild) Popcorn Recipes (redtri.com)
- Danger Danger! (thebakersbite.wordpress.com)