Life is good.
I finished all my AP tests last Friday. We are a few breaths away from summer. Charles Ramsey’s heroic actions and great humor got me through AP testing week last week. And I have some delicious coconut blondies to share with you all.
Maybe I am getting a little coconut-happy lately, but I kind of like it. Coconut signifies summer and tropical things to me, so being land-locked, coconut is one of those ingredients that has grown on me.
I hope you all have a great day full of smiles, sunshine, and most of all, some coconut blondies.
1/2 cup coconut oil (room temperature)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons whole wheat flour (all-purpose is fine, too!)
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or desired nuts)
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together coconut oil and brown sugar unti completely combined. Mix in eggs until incorporated. Add in extracts. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Finally fold in coconut.
- Spread dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and slightly press into the top of the spread dough. Bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Let cool and cut into bars. Store leftovers in sealed container or cover with plastic wrap.
Random Fact of the Day: The blesbok, a South African antelope, is almost the same color as grapejuice.
- Fudgy White Chocolate Blondies (hungrylittlegirl.com)
- Fix it Friday: A Sweet Defeat, The Blondie vs. The Brownie (everythinggirlslove.com)
- White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Blondies (cantstayoutofthekitchen.com)