I’m starting to actually realize what a pinterest addict I am.
I noticed the other day that I somehow have over 1400 followers and I was like what?! It’s actually pretty embarrassing.. I feel like maybe these people who follow me on pinterest probably think I am a very large, overweight food addict who likes to imagine she can have every piece of clothing sold in the world and totally rock it.
I will say, though, I am not one of those girls who has the “dream wedding” board. First of all, the thought of getting married and planning a wedding makes me want to roll into a ball and cry because it just sounds like Stress City. Second of all, what if like a future boyfriend happens to see my pinterest and is totally freaked out by my wedding that has basically already been planned. Third of all, I am girly in many respects but I am forsure not a romantic. at all. Like what is Sweetest Day? I know it was the other day, but really…what is it.
However, I do embrace those random holidays like Sweetest Day, Valentines Day, St. Nick’s Day, etc. because uhh who doesn’t love an excuse to buy/open gifts?!
Anyhow, after I realized I have an obscene amount of people observing my Pinterest pin-binges, I realized I have over 4700 pins. Excuse me Casey, but how could you possibly find THAT MANY things worth saving?! I’m a little disgusted in myself, but at least I know there are over 1400 other people who enjoy my pin-binges.
Moving onto food! I am a total quick bread fan, lover, and addict. This banana bread combines some of my favorite things: biscoff and peanut butter. Literally you can not love this bread, so easy and so so tasty. Happy Monday :-)
P.S. I hate myself for putting “happy” and “Monday” in the same sentence next to each other.
Biscoff Swirled Peanut Butter Banana Bread
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt (regular yogurt is fine too)
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
3 Heaping Tablespoons Biscoff spread
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together bananas, peanut butter, yogurt, egg and sugars.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be very thick. Spread into prepared pan. Drop 3 heaping Tablespoons of Biscoff on top of bread batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes then transfer out of loaf pan and allow to finish cooling on a wire rack for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Random Fact of the Day: The average car produces a pound of pollution every 25 miles!