Let’s talk about college.
Most of you have been there. Done that. Lots of you are doing your little grown up things and what not. But I’m just getting started over here. Holy Canolli! There is a ridiculous amount of stuff that goes on when thinking about colleges. Not to mention cost! You can’t do anything without having to pay some weird fee. What the heck is up with having to pay $5 for every college I want to send a transcript to, on top of the application fees (which I have seen go up to $80!).
And then… picking a major. AGHHH! I’m 17 years old…and I’m supposed to know what I want to be doing till I’m 60?! Some college essays ask why you are interested and passionate about a certain major. I was kind of thinking about going as undecided…but how am I supposed to write an essay on my passion for being undecided?
I’ve figured some of the stuff out, it’s just super duper overwhelming. Sorry for the
little rant. I’m not the least bit offended if you just looked at the pretty pictures
Sidenote: I’m beyond excited for college and actually LOVING senior year of high school!
ANDDDD if you’re still with me here, you will LOVE this chicken! It’s super tasty and something different to spice up your weeknight dinner routine. I made this for my family on a Monday school night when I had soccer training and homework, you can for sure whip this up pretty quick so it’s perfect for you busy people out there! We ate the chicken with green bean, white or brown rice would be great with this chicken, too, because of the sweetness from the brown sugar.
Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
4 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 Tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Lightly spray a casserole dish with cooking spray (some people may want to line with tin foil, but I didn’t find this necessary)
- Saute minced garlic in olive oil in a small sauté pan, until tender. Remove from heat once tender, mix in brown sugar and onion powder.
- Coat chicken with brown sugar mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until chicken testes done! Be sure it’s cooked all the way through, chicken breast are hardly ever the same thickness, salmonella is NOT your friend!! ENJOY
Random Fact of the Day: The Earth rotates 1.5 milliseconds slower every century
P.S. Julie over at Spinach and Sprinkles was just blessed with her first baby! Go on over and congratulate her on her little baby boy
- Good & Good For You: Garlic & Brown Sugar Baked Chicken (afridgefulloffood.typepad.com)
- Bratwurst and Sauerkraut (forgetthegarnish.wordpress.com)
- Best Chiquita Plantains &Amp; Spicy Jerk Chicken Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)