I finally decided to make something that is acceptable for a meal, again. I decided to give pasta salad a go.
Now whenever I think of pasta salad I think of summertime and graduation parties. I happen to miss summertime really bad right now. I am beyond ready for summer.
However, I am not always a fan of the graduation parties. They can be fun for the first couple, then they just kind of become a thing where you get free food. It’s always the same people doing the same thing.
I should add something in here and that is that I’m pretty sure I have never ever had pasta salad at my house. Weird. I don’t know why. I mean, I’ve obviously ate it before…but we have like never actually made it. So here we go. Pasta salad. Pretty much one of the easiest, most adaptable recipes under the sun. Add what you want, take out the icky stuff, and you have bowl of yum. Hop onto the summer dreaming train and make some pasta salad
2 cups pasta (I used rotini, bow tie would be great as well)
2 teaspoons vinigarette-style salad dressing
2 teaspoons creamy (maybe ranch) style dressing
1 cup broccoli florets, cooked
1 cup corn, cooked
1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1/4 cup fresh thyme
- Cook pasta according to directions, al dente. Drain pasta when done and let dry on paper towels while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine the two types of salad dressing in a small bowl.
- Chop all veggies you will be using, make sure broccoli and corn are cooked (steamed). Place chopped onions, chopped celery, black beans, broccoli, corn, thyme, and pasta into a large bowl. Pour salad dressing mixture over top. Incorporate all ingredients together. If serving cold, place in fridge for up to an hour.
Random Fact of the Day: The Rolling Stones have had four of the top ten highest grossing North American tours since 1985.
- The Pasta Salad Recipe (mikepoliquin.com)
- Marinated Baked Turkey Tenderloin w/ Sweet Potato Casserole, Pasta Salad,… (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Spring Pasta Salad (whiteorchidhouse.wordpress.com)