Thanksgiving is in less than 2 weeks and I can barely contain my excitement.
Actually I think you could say my excitement is out of control…
I keep on seeing all the college kids my age tweeting and talking about how excited they are to see their friends from home over Thanksgiving break. But then I’m over here like “OMG I’M SO EXCITED FOR MY MOM’S SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE!!!!”
Speaking of that sweet potato casserole…I’m thinking that I will need to make that over Thanksgiving break and share the recipe with you all. Why do we have this sweet potato casserole basically only on Thanksgiving? I don’t know, but I feel very strongly about this casserole and believe it should be served everyday.
The actual best part about this casserole is the leftovers..SO so good for breakfast! Weird? I’m gonna say it is totally for sure normal.
Anywho, I am not sharing the sweet potato casserole recipe with you all today. However, I do have something that is pretty gosh darn close in deliciousness: cinnamon roll bread. I’m a total cinnamon roll freak and also obsessed with quick bread recipes , so this recipe has my name written all over it. This bread is just like eating a cinnamon roll in bread form (go figure) but it’s also super duper moist and tender. You just gotta make it to experience the real thang. Get to it!
Cinnamon Roll Bread
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup white sugar
FOR THE CINNAMON SWIRL:
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, vanilla extract, egg, and sugar. Slowly fold in the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Prepare cinnamon swirl by combining swirl ingredients in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Drop by large spoonfuls onto batter in loaf pan and use a knife to swirl throughout the batter. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs. Let cool in pan for about 15 minutes, enjoy!
Random Fact of the Day: A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue! (Yuck….?)
- Cinnamon Toast Rolls = Cinnamon Sugar + White Bread + Butter (hiraniazi.wordpress.com)
- Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread (sproutedfeast.wordpress.com)
- Not So Traditional Cinnamon Roll (freespiritedchef.wordpress.com)