As promised, here is a photo of me from prom this past weekend!
I did not ask permission to post a picture of my date, but he’s not that important anyways right? In all seriousness, he is actually a really great guy and was super fun to spend the day with. Can’t believe I have no more high school dances left EVER!
I really don’t have a ton to share about prom, there wasn’t any major drama worth sharing so let’s move onto these ahhh-mazing cookies I baked up!
I’m sure many of you have tasted or heard of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.
I’m a huge fan. I particularly love macadamia nuts, which are sort of a special treat for me because they are super duper expen$ive here in the non-tropical Midwest. I decided to treat myself and bake up some cookies made with a match made in heaven-coconut and macadamia nuts.
All I have to say is, you MUST try this recipe. These cookies are everything you need and more.
Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies (Hawaiian Dream Cookies)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups coconut
3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Cream together butter and sugars using a mixer. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Add in salt, baking soda, and flours. Stir in coconut with mixer. Fold in nuts by hand or slowly using the mixer
- Drop dough onto an ungreased baking sheet by the teaspoonful and bake in preheated oven for 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden. Let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then let finish cooling on wire rack for about 5 minutes. Enjoy! Store leftovers in sealed container.
Random Fact of the Day: A sneeze can travel as fast as 100 miles per hour.
- Lime Coconut-macadamia Oatmeal Cookies (tamaraleighauthor.wordpress.com)
- Easter Cookie Recipes, Easter Sugar Cookies (potterybarnkids.com)
- Mango coconut chocolate chip cookies and Hawaiian sunrise juice (applesandginger.com)