Today is going to be a great day. I KNOW it! Want to know why?!?
First off, I have no school! Woohoo!! Thanks Good Friday You rock
So for my day off, I am visiting Red Hen, touring where all the magic happens! I’m pretty excited to see what goes on in there and take a peek in their kitchens. I think it is the coolest thing to watch shows like Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives, and Restaurant Impossible where they show what goes on in a kitchen and everything. Yeah I know, not quite the normal 17 year old girl mind there.. Anyways, the stuff fascinates and excites me!
Last, but certainly not least, my brother is coming home for the weekend!!!! I am SO excited to finally see him. I have not seen him since Christmas and I miss him more than I ever would have thought. Who knew I loved my brother so much? It must be that since he lives in L.A. now and is working and all grown up and everything that made everything seem so final. It feels like he is just SO FAR all the time. It will be great to spend just a couple days with him under the same roof and be able to sit at the same table.
So as I said before…Today is Good Friday! Which means…Easter is in like two days. Translation: CHOCOLATE, CAKE, COOKIES, and CANDY AGAIN!!!! Can you tell I’m pretty excited? Therefore, this is one of the last “real food” recipes I may be posting for a while. I’m pretty sure I will go crazy in the kitchen and bake up quite the storm the next few weeks. Anyways, this chicken recipe I’m sharing today you can of course not eat today because it is meat, but this is a delicious way of cooking chicken that is perfect for the spring time and grilling out in the summer!
Honey Grilled Chicken
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons honey
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or 2 chicken breasts)
- Mix oil, vinegar, worcestershire, and honey in a bowl. Add chicken and allow to marinate for at least 5 minutes. We kept ours in the fridge in a tupperware container for a few hours.
- Heat grill over medium heat and add chicken. Cook and flip until fully cooked. Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness and size of your chicken. The middles of your chicken should be pretty firm when poked. If your unsure, make a small cut into chicken just to be sure it is done. When done, take chicken off the grill, serve and enjoy!
- Grilled Avocado and Spicy Honey-Glazed Chicken Recipe (avocadocentral.com)
- Quick and Easy Tortellini with Grilled Chicken and Pesto [Intro to Cooking] (collegecandy.com)
- Apricot Honey Chicken (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)