Happy SRC Reveal day! Ah, I just love the Secret Recipe Club!! So much fun to explore new blogs, while someone else gets to try one of your recipes and post all about it.
This month, I got Renee’s blog, Eat. Live. Blog. Renee went from the busy business world to world of education. She keeps in touch with her creative side by keeping up with her blog. I think that it is awesome that she has truly found that perfect balance in her life!
Originally, I was going to make her black beans over rice dish, which sounds so yummy to me. A couple months ago, I made the switch over to becoming a vegetarian, so it is always exciting to find tasty, filling entrees.
However, I did not get around to making the beans and rice dish, so I whipped up her black bean salsa in a jiffy. Whew-eee! I’m glad I did! It was so quick and simple and I go through jars of salsa like crazy, so it was nice to have such a big homemade batch around. You guys have got to try this salsa, and check out some more of her yummy concoctions!
Black Bean Salsa
(From Eat Live Blog)
1 can black bean (drained but not rinsed)
1 jalapeno (seeded and roughly chopped – keep a few seeds for more heat)
1 small tomato (roughly diced)
1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 handfuls fresh washed cilantro
- Place beans in a bowl and lightly smash with a fork, I left about half of the beans whole, unmashed.
- Squeeze lime juice over the beans
- Place cilantro, garlic and onion in a food processor or blender and pulse until diced but not liquified
- Mix diced veggies into beans
- Add diced tomatoes and mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, stir and serve!
Random Fact of the Day: Henry Ford produced the model T only in black because the black paint available at the time was the fastest to dry.
- Chili for a Crowd (chronicinthekitchen.com)
- Black Bean Salsa (chefnia.wordpress.com)
- Black Bean Cakes with Mango Salsa (cleanandgreennutrition.wordpress.com)