My life will never be the same.
As I was bringing one of the kids I teach swim lessons over to their mom today, I saw another kid snacking on those cheese and peanut butter crackers that I
would love as a kid love. So it kinda got me thinking. For some reason peanut butter and cheese just aren’t that common of a combination. I started to try to think of other things that would be good with cheese and peanut butter. BAM!!! GRILLED CHEESE!!! WITH PEANUT BUTTER!
Grilled Cheese and Peanut Butter
2 slices of bread
2 slices of cheese
about 2 T. Peanut Butter
- Turn heat on stove to about medium to get it nice and hot with the pan on.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread. Then spread peanut butter on one or both pieces of bread (depending on how peanut buttery you want it) on whichever side doesn’t have butter. Turn the heat down to low on the stove. Place one piece of bread on pan with butter side down closest to the heat. Quickly set both pieces of cheese on top followed by the second piece of bread, making sure the second piece of bread has the butter side facing up.
- Let sit for about 2 minutes or until golden brown (I like mine pretty toasty, if you couldn’t tell so I had my heat a bit higher), flip when cheese starts to get soft or melty. When both sides look golden brown, or to your taste, take off the stove and serve!
Ok so I decided to save this until the end and I would just like to say, I’m not much of a person who is a downer on here, but this is kinda a special situation. About a week ago, I stumbled across a blog that has really touched my heart. It scares the heck out of me. Please just read it. This blogger could really use some prayers. The Glass Divide is the name and link. Seriously, just look and pray super hard.
- Jazz Up Your Peanut Butter Sandwiches With Junk Food [Food] (jezebel.com)
- What I Love About Grilled Cheese (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- New and Improved Peanut Butter Cookies (mybeautifuldisasters.wordpress.com)