Peanut butter and banana may not seem like the most traditional combination to some people, but I just can not get enough of it. Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are like my life. (Yes, I lead a thrilling life)
If you haven’t tried a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Do it NOW. Then make this bread…
Back to the bread, it *does* have the peanut butter and banana combo going on but the banana is truly the shining star in this recipe. The peanut butter almost just gives it a little sweetness with a tiny hint of a different nutty flavor. If you want more of a peanut taste in here, chopped up peanuts (or any other nuts) would be awesome!
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
(Makes one loaf)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 little less than 1/3 cup skim milk mixed with 1 teaspoon of white vinegar (or 1/3 cup buttermilk)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together smashed bananas, peanut butter, oil, milk-vinegar mixture (or buttermilk), eggs, sugars,and vanilla extract. Once combined mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until completely combined with no streaks of flour.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 60-75 minutes or until comes out witha few crumbs on it. If the bread is browning quicker than the middle is cooking, you can cover the top with foil partway through.
Random Fact of the Day: In Uruguay intoxication is a legal excuse for having an accident while driving. “Please believe me officer, I really was drunk.”
- Food & Relief Friday: Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies & Will You Believe a Lie or The Truth? (freetobecourageous.wordpress.com)
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread (fitnessandfrozengrapes.com)
- Chocolate banana nuts bread (belesaaru.wordpress.com)