Ah so I finished my first week of school. It was rough saying bye to summer. I’m pretty sure I’ll miss him more than he will miss me :`(
I would also like to address the fact that this was the first time in three years that I did not get an allergic reaction on the first day of school. Let me also make it clear that this is not just a minor allergic reaction. It’s ugly. Like plastic surgery done by a caveman.
I kinda look like this guy.
Sometimes I even get the top and bottom lip. Or just in one weird little spot like him.
My cheeks usually get pretty swollen too. Which is really quite unfortunate considering I already have chipmunk cheeks.. But I would have to say the worst thing is that the doctors can’t figure out what I’m allergic to!! They think it could just be stress. Which would make sense with the whole first day of school thing…but I’ve also gotten it on extremely non-stressful days. Grr.
On the bright side, I haven’t gotten one in a long time!!! Woohoo (knock on wood). Just watch now, I’m going to get one tomorrow.
I made ice cream . And it was really tasty. Sorry for those of you who don’t have an ice cream maker. I know, it’s a sad life. I’ve been there. Till I caved. Wait, no that was my mom. But seriously, get an ice cream maker so we can bond and gossip about ice cream. Who doesn’t love ice cream anyways? You get to make it our own way for crying out loud!! Okay, commercial is now over..sorry.
Back to the ice cream, I decided to make an almond joy ice cream because Almond Joys are one of my parent’s favorite candy’s and I’m just that kind of a daughter…hehe.
But really, it is super tasty with toasted coconut and delicious hot fudge swirled in. Super easy, and scrumptious!!
Almond Joy Ice Cream
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. plus 1 T. white sugar
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
2 1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 c. sweetened coconut (shredded or flaked)
a little more than 1/4 c. hot fudge
8 mini Almond Joys, chopped**
- Whisk milk and sugar together until sugar is dissolved. Mix in vanilla and heavy cream. Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s directions.
- Meanwhile, toast coconut on stove over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, constantly stirring to avoid burning. Heat hot fudge to soften.
- During last couple minutes, add coconut to ice cream and chopped Almond Joys. When done with ice cream maker, fold in hold fudge. (FYI: mine never gets “swirly”…any tips?) Freeze in freezer for about 4 hours, until solidified.
** I did not have any Almond Joys in the house…go figure. It was still very tasty without them, but I do think it would definitely add something if they were involved!!
Random Fact of the Day: Ten years ago, only 500 people in China could ski. This year, an estimated 5,000,000 Chinese will visit ski resorts. How do they figure this out..?
- obsessed (mybeautifuldisasters.wordpress.com)
- I scream you scream we all scream for… (mybeautifuldisasters.wordpress.com)
- Ice Creammmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! (kymx.radio.com)