Peanut butter and banana, we meet again.
They’re just TOO good together! Seriously guys, if you don’t believe me or think it sounds funky…I assure you, it is awe-to-the-some.
Last time I combined this dynamic duo, I made a bread, but this time I opted for some muffins and sneaked in some oats for some nice added texture. I don’t know why, but oats totally rock my boat. I love them in cookies, bread, muffins, and everything! Oats just seem to fill everything out to make them more complete.
Anyhoo, these are a perfect and easy breakfast treat or a nice on-the-go snack!
Peanut Butter Banana Oat Muffins
(Makes about 1 dozen muffins)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 cup milk (I used skim)
1/2 cup creamy peanut buter (or crunchy, if you want an extra crunch with the oats)
1 ripened banana, mashed
2 Tablespoons oil (vegetable or canola are good)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375˚F and line about 12 muffin cups with liners, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, oats, brown sugar, and baking powder. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, peanut butter, mashed banana, egg, oil, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Add whisked wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until completely mixed in. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl with your rubber spatula to be sure all the flour gets incorporated.
- Fill prepared muffin tins with batter, about 2/3 full. Bake in preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in tin for about 5-10 minutes, then transfer muffins to wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy! Store leftovers in cake dome or sealed container. Be sure that when you are storing muffins they are completely cool, or else steam could build up, creating soggy muffins (yuck!)
Random Fact of the Day: A million dollars’ worth of $100 bills weighs only 22 pounds!
- Sweet Redemption. I Am Talking About Banana Muffins. (eatalready.com)
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Banana Bread, 2.0 (thepancakeprincess.com)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins (jillianinprogress.wordpress.com)