I know I recently shared a super decadent and delicious brownie recipe…but I have another one for you all.
These are another great light recipe that just like the chocolate angel food cupcakes, is great for the summer and your bikini bod! With under 100 calories per brownie, there is absolutely zero guilt.
These aren’t your traditional fudgey, dense brownies, they are more of a cakey texture that is light but uber chocolatey. These are super easy and have no weird, funky ingredients that you wouldn’t normally find in your pantry or fridge.
(makes 16 brownies)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking spray
- Pour the honey into a medium liquid measuring cup and microwave on high power 45 seconds. Whisk in the cocoa powder with a fork and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk applesauce, oil, egg, and vanilla extract together. Whisk in the cooled honey-cocoa mixture. Add the flour mixture and stir until incorporated. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack. After about 30 minutes, cut into individual servings
Random Fact of the Day: While 7 men in 100 have some form of color blindness, only 1 woman in 1,000 suffers from it.