Guess where I am today, guys!?
The BlogHer conference! Seriously guys, I have been wanting to go to a BlogHer conference for a few years now. This year was the perfect storm.
First of all, it’s in Chicago which is soo convenient for me.
Second of all, the Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond) is going to be there. There are going to be soo many fabulous bloggers that I love and admire so much there like Jenny Flake from Picky-Palate, Amanda from Kevin and Amanda, and so many more! I’m super nervous that I’m going to be fan-girling really hardcore and do something embarrassing. Whatever, let’s be honest, it’s sort of inevitable with me.
Third of all, this is the first summer I’ve had where I have no sports or camps to conflict with things like this. Weird, growing up… going to conferences for fun and all now. Details to come on Monday (or Wednesday…don’t want to overshadow Monday’s SRC reveal).
This here is a recipe that was part of using up all those Michigan blueberries (remember all 10 lbs. of those suckers..). This poundcake was a HUGE hit! It was gone crazy fast and was the perfect breakfast treat and a great snack. So easy to whip up and super tasty!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup plain or vanilla nonfat yogurt (greek or regular nonfat yogurt work well)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries, rinsed and drained and tossed with 1 Tablespoon flour (I used whole wheat flour)
- Preheat oven to 325˚F and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and yogurt. Add in the vanilla extract. Mix in the eggs, one at a time until fully combined. Fold in the blueberries. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for about 30 minutes, then transfer to finish cooling on wire rack. Enjoy! Cover or store leftovers in an airtight container.
Random Fact of the Day: Brad Pitt has been smoking since the sixth grade!
- Celebrate National Blueberry Muffin Day With These Recipes (news.health.com)
- Chocolate Loaf Cake (funfoodiefamily.com)
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes (deliciousdessertsrecipes.wordpress.com)