It is starting to really feel like summer to me now…it’s supposed to get all the way up to 95 degrees around here on Sunday!! Craziness I tell you, craziness!
In my mind when it hits 90 that means its time for some ice cream. LOL who am I kidding? I eat ice cream in December. But it’s the end of May, Memorial Day weekend-in other words, it is bikini season ladies. (and gentlemen)
Supposedly this frozen yogurt stuff is
healthy healthier than ice cream, so I decided to add some cookies and make it yummy yet somewhat healthy. This is a pretty basic vanilla frozen yogurt recipe that you can add whatever you like to it. Even fruit, however, I will have to turn my face on that one. Fruit is for breakfast. Not dessert, unless it is in the popsicle form. Then we can talk. Or apple pie.
Anwywho, this frozen yogurt is great for those of you who are gonna be melting this weekend with me! And for those of you who aren’t going to be melting, well, I recommend making this if you like yummy things.
Cookie Explosion Frozen Yogurt
1 2/3 cups milk (I used skim)
3/4 cup white sugar
4 cups vanilla or plain non-fat yogurt
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
about 7 Oreos
about 7 Chips Ahoy Cookies
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Stir in the yogurt, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Mix until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture into ice cream machine and prepare according to machine’s directions.
- Smash Oreos into small pieces and break Chips Ahoy cookies, by hand, into small pieces.
- When there are about 5 minutes left in the process in the ice cream machine, pour in cookie pieces and let mix for last 5 minutes. When done, place ice cream into air tight containers and place in freezer to set. After frozen yogurt has hardened, you may have to wait about 15 minutes for it to soften on the counter, I put mine in the microwave for about 25 seconds.
Random Fact of the Day: In 2008, 18,000 breast reductions were performed… on American men!
- The Easiest, Simplest Way to Make Frozen Yogurt Popsicles (thekitchn.com)
- Fruity, flavourful fro-yos (thehindu.com)
- Frozen Coconut Yogurt with Cinnamon (florenceandmillie.com)