Today is a special day, it’s a special day because it is someone special in my life’s birthday today!
Today is my wonderful dad’s 56th birthday!
My dad is seriously one of the goofiest, unique, loving, motivated person you could ever meet. He is one of my biggest role models. Even though sometimes we may butt heads, it is really just because we are so much alike.
My dad has been there for me for every moment in my life from getting me into every sport imaginable as soon as I could, to coaching every possible team he could, to brushing my hair for me when I was little, to making up the most unique nicknames, to giving me countless (seemingly useless, but sometimes handy) sports statistics and history, to undoubtedly passing his sweet tooth down to me, to (thankfully) passing his active lifestyle down to me, and so many many more things. He is seriously the sweetest man who loves me more than I even deserve.
He is one of those people who can make you laugh even when you really don’t want to, but he just knows that you need it.
He is the kind of father who’s main goal is to provide his children with every opportunity to succeed that he can offer and make possible. I feel lucky to call him my dad and one of my best friends.
Happy birthday Dad! Hope your day is as awesome as you are!!
P.S. Here are some Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookies that I forgot I made a while back, they are gooey, caramel-y, and chocolatey. What more can you even ask for??
Chocolate Chip Snickers Cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons white sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 fun size Snickers bars (I used 12 “minis”), diced into small pieces
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350˚F
- Using a mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Slowly add in flours, salt, and baking soda until completely combined. Mix in chopped snickers and chocolate chips slowly until fully incorporated.
- Drop dough by the teaspoonful onto cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for about 2 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Random Fact of the Day: Ralph Lauren’s original name is Ralph Lifshitz.
- Ultimate chocolate chip cookie sandwich (ediblereflections.com)
- Cherry-chocolate chip oatmeal cookies (mymomlikestocook.com)
- Chocolate pomegranate cookies with mini chocolate chips (sweetswithsara.com)